Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Ah, yes!  Wordstock 2012 - my third visit to the event, my second as a volunteer.

As with travel, I find great literary events like Wordstock wonderful motivators.  It's like being a kid set loose in a magical toy store/candy shop.  At first it's a little overwhelming--which workshop, which presentation, which speakers panel should I attend?  As a writer of children's stories, I seem to eventually gravitate to the children's stage.

It's so easy to get caught up in the excitement of it all, to want to read every single book by every single author represented there.  So, newly-inspired, I go home and read as many of them as I can while still leaving time to write.  Read/Write, read/write until the next conference, the next workshop, the next reading by a favorite author, the next literary event for which Portland is so well known.

Of course, for the wonderful people behind the scenes, it's back to work on planning and preparing for the next Wordstock.  Thanks to all those who make it possible for writers and readers from all over to gather in Portland for such a beautiful event.




No comments:

Post a Comment