Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Expanding Horizons

My latest writing-related adventure was at Wordstock this past weekend.  I started out  by volunteering on the first day of this wonderful event.  Then, I spent most of one day sitting in on readings and author conversations.  Since I write for children, I spent most of that time at the Knowledge Universe Stage listening to presentations by children's book authors and illustrators.  Another big portion of my time I spent listening to fellow-Hispanic authors read from their work.  The rest of the time I walked around the exhibit, talking to vendors, buying books and cards and even a T-Shirt.  I came away from the event truly inspired after having connected with individuals who were there representing the many resouces available in the community.  I look forward to attending future events organized by these various organizations and can hardly wait for next year's Wordstock.

After attending literary events: talks, readings, conferences, workshops, bookfairs, etc. I come back to my desk with renewed energy, new ideas, and a determination to write, write, write (and, of course, take time to read).

No comments:

Post a Comment