Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Writing/Creating/Discovering

If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it. ~ Toni Morrison


Setting up my own blog is a BIG deal for me – so what took me so long?  Well, all I can say is that I had to tear myself away from reading and writing long enough to just do it.  

The idea that I should write my own stories never occurred to me until I attended a Tish Hinojosa concert in Davis, California.  Tish sang some traditional Mexican and Tex-Mex songs that brought back fond memories of my life in the Rio Grande Valley.  She also performed some of her own compositions.  After the concert, I realized that I, too, wanted to explore my own creativity (Thanks, Tish).

I like Toni Morrison's advice and am attempting to follow it.   

 
Estela




No comments:

Post a Comment